Monday, September 1, 2008

Life in General

I have been spring cleaning so much this week, I know, I know, it's a little late, but it is soo good to have my kids rooms finally clean and organized with all their clothes sorted and the baby stuff put away. The kids sleep better in their own beds when their rooms don't look like a tornado has gone threw it. They can also keep them clean themselves now because it is not so overwhelming. I want to paint them next and get some new bedding for them all. Next- my room. :{

This morning we went to breakfast at One Man Band. Its pretty good food and its way cheap. Marin loves it especially and is always requesting we go there. It was fun except for the rain, (as Forrest Gump put it,"big ole fat rain"), that soaked us as we ran to the door. My term for that kind of storm is "Super Soaker". I'm sure the kids thought it was fun getting soaked. It rained all night and most the day today. Its sunny out right now though.

Saturday night I was thinking about going to church the next day and I was feeling a little sad about it because with little kids, I feel like I never get to have a good spiritual time at church. Jaida wont let us go to class so when I am not teaching little 5 year olds I am chasing Jaida in the hall. Well on Sunday, they had fast and testimony meeting because next Sunday is Stake Conference. The Bishop stood up and announced he wanted to try something new. He asked that those who had been especially touched by any Church hymm in their life to stand and share how and then we would sing one verse of the hymm they talked about, and they picked which verse. I ended up feeling the spirit so strong in that meeting. Some of the songs I couldn't sing because I was so choked up. I feel so appreciative to the Bishop and my Heavenly Father for letting me have that experience I was needing so badly. I have always been moved by music and how it can touch the soul, and even writing this I am getting goose bumps because it was so neat.

I am so thankful for the anchor of the gospel in my life. It really keeps me grounded and keeps things in perspective for me when life gets busy.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Glad you got the girls rooms organized! Is anyone ready to move downstairs yet? Buying new bedding is one of my favorite things to do--have fun doing it!! Hopefully you can hit some good labor day sales!

I'm glad you had a good meeting at church on Sunday, it's those special times that often keep us going. Your bishop must have truly been inspired.

:) Jen said...

The gospel is so great....especially to help us remember what truley is important...hope your having a great week mary! I might be coming down this weekend and next weekend for sure! :) Lets get together PLEASE...this time...I would love to catch up!