Saturday, March 15, 2008

Water chugging contest

My sister and I and her 2 roommates had a water chugging contest. We took 32oz of water in a large mug and timed us drinking it. I thought I was good, at 13 seconds but Melody (my sister) did it in 7 seconds. My brother Danny has done it before in 5 seconds and Pam in 6 or 7, I don't remember. It was a while ago that they did it. The first time I tried it, a year ago, I took 17 seconds. I know it sounds dumb but it is fun and harder than it looks cuz you want to laugh the whole time.
Melody and roommates drove down from BYU-Idaho to stay with me while Pat is gone, who by the way, sprained his ankle really bad on his trip. It has been really fun! I am glad they are here. We went bowling and ate at Costa Vida. Yummy! And now, because we can, we are going to watch Pride and Prejudice. Not the new short version, but the long 5 hour version. Actually, just the last half of it (its the best part anyway).

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh how I miss the Costa Vida's/Cafe Rio's!!!! I've never seen the 5 hour version of Pride and Prejudice! Just the more recent one.

Yay for you on having a fun girls weekend! Oh, and poor Pat on getting injured.

:) Jen said...

Oh I don't feel bad for Pat, come on Jasen is WFR he can take care of him...I mean and come on sometimes those boys just aren't careful...Hey it is good to hear you have fun when the boys are out to play...it is good for you to do fun stuff for yourself! Maybe one of these days we can get together and play again...:)

Mary said...

Jenni, if you have never watched the 5 hour version than you are really missing out. I love it. I highly recommend it. Its an A&E mini series.

Jen, lets do get together and play as soon as we can. I hope you are feeling good, its getting so close....Little Taren....

Anonymous said...

Mary...this is Mel,
hahahah I never got to finish the last half of Pride and Prejudice...and I have been craving it ever since. (not that I havent seen it a million times already!) hahahahaha
hey...I think that dad is coming a week early to pick my stuff up, then I am driving to your house and leaving my car there, and then driving with you to california! (at least I think, its the most reasonable plan I have heard so far.)