Monday, March 3, 2008

Little Girl Big Attitude, but I Love Her

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to handle talking back. I'm at a loss. I keep thinking "Wow, I have 4 more years til she is a teenager and already I am fighting the arguing and talking back." Oh, the drama that happens at our house, usually after school when its time to practice piano, and at night and when its time to do anything she does not want to do. Its a quick way to put mom in a bad mood especially when I am dealing with the other kids, and dinner, and homework. At the same time she is such a good kid. I just love her so much. She is so good to her sisters and just loves Jaida to pieces. She does really good in school and when she does practice piano, she catches on really fast to the songs. I think it is just a stage and I just have to deal my best with it. As my mom would say "There is One who knows everything about us all, and He would know the best way to handle the situation." I think I need to be on my knees a little more and realize that I don't know everything about raising kids.

4 comments:

:) Jen said...

Mary I love everything John Gottman writes, he has great books on marriage and a great book on kids call "raising an emotionally intelligent child" it is a great book, check it out, it may help. Hope you are doing well...:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen

Jenni said...

Having the same issues with Ally. It's like they are trying so hard to grow up, but don't know quite how to handle their emotions yet....

Raising kids is tough, but so worth it!

Wayne said...

Hey Mary,
I'm sure you already thought of this, but maybe it's her way of trying to grab all your attention! LOL If your mad at her your focused on her? I don't know, probably not. Anyway, she does have a talent for talking back doensn't she? LOL
Pam