Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ridiculous!!!! Article on msn.com

Please go to this link and read this article. I was upset and felt really bad for the woman involved.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23594474/?GT1=43001


I cannot believe that she was arrested and might be going to trial! Ahhhh, what's next? You can't put your child to sleep in the other room because “A minute or two, that’s when things can happen,”. This to me is so ridiculous. It is in the summer when temperatures are high that most accidents happen. And usually the person forgets their child is with them and then has to suffer terribly for the consequences. I feel like the officer was correct in making sure the child was okay, and even questioning the mom, but everything else is dumb!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Lock me up then! I'm guilty of leaving my kids in the car a time or two...or three.

Sounds pretty ridiculous, actually. That officer was abusing her authority!

:) Jen said...

I agree, very ridiculous, it would have been one thing if she went inside the store and left the girl there to sleep, but she was there the whole time, could see the car and came right back...very silly....I do think it is dangerous to leave kids in cars if the parent is not going to be there, but I strap Taegyn in the care and then realize I forgot a jacket or something and run in the house and get one, If that is what they are saying is unattending then I am guilty too....so ridiculous...

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,

WOW...this is ridiculous! I can't believe it has gotten to a trial.

Hope all is going well for you guys. I love seeing pictures of your girls on your blog.

Denise