Thursday, June 18, 2009

My 3oth Birthday!!

Well at the request of Mel Proudfit, I will blog about my 3oth Birthday. Really it was like any other day in the life of Mary. I got up and went to work early so I could get off early and come home to clean because my Mom was coming into town that evening. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning, mowing and weed wacking the lawn, and feeding children. I then jumped in the shower and when I got out, it was 7:30 and my mom had arrived. Pat had work and then had school til 8pm. He did take a break in the day to bring me a present at lunch time.


I have wanted a beautiful planter for so long!! I could not believe he remembered and now I can plant it every year!!


I took him earlier on in the season to look at planters but they were more than I wanted to spend. I love it as a gift though! I love flowers, especially ones that will last all season!! That night I was downstairs talking to my mom and when I went upstairs these were on the table for me.


Pam and Mel got them for me and worte me a nice birthday note to go with it. They also got me some earings and my favorite M&M's which are peanut.

It is probably how I would have preferred the day to go by. Not much hoopla and lots of family around. I leave for California on Sat morning for two weeks and I am sooo excited for a vacation. I have really needed one. Beach, baby, here I come!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

happy happy birthday mary! that gift was so thoughtful of pat, and those flowers are gorgeous! i hope you have a safe trip to cali, when you get back i'll be in town so we need to do some major hangin'!!

Melody said...

So your birthday celebration continutes on to the beach! Way cool. wish I could join you. Happy Birthday and love when you blog lady. Love it!