Thursday, June 26, 2008

Going Crazy

Sometimes I think that I am going crazy. I get these major anxiety attacks that make me feel like I need to get away and it always happens when I can't get away. I have been planning a vacation for Pat and I since April for this weekend, and my sister Pam was going to come and watch the kids and we were going to have this wonderful time without kids. Well as it happens she couldn't come and my Mom wanted us to go down there to California and she would watch them but with gas being so much and then hotel we thought that would be quite an expensive weekend, so we didn't go. Also we are going through some stressful changes with our business so its not a good time to leave. So no vacation to Cali. Well we then were invited to go camping with some buddies of ours but we had no one to watch the kids. So all these exciting things were being presented but nothing was working out, and I have been dying for a break so now I have major anxiety about wanting to go somewhere. I know, I know, it sounds mean wanting to leave my kids and going crazy because I can't but really that is how I am, I really need my time away to keep me sane. So I have a few friends that I play basketball with who are going boating on Saturday, and they invited me and I will probably go, but deep down I want to run away(thats the anxiety speaking).

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm right there with ya on the anxiety. Mothering four kids is not easy and it can definitely be overwhelming at times. No one blames you for needing a break, everyone needs a break!

I swear since I had Owen, I have gotten a major case of A.D.D. and feel overwhelmed ALL the time. There's just so much to do. I now know that I can't do it all, so I have to leave a lot undone, and I am starting to feel ok about that.

I hope you get a break soon--if I was there, I'd take your girls in a second.

Anonymous said...

Mary you don't have a mean bone in your body....I mean it! As for wanting time away...there is NOTHING mean about that...every mom just needs some "ME" time...I only have two and I regularly need it.....so good for you....you can always plan a gettaway with me....My mom will watch my boys....:)Jen

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.