Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wakeboarding

So last Saturday I went boating with Mandy and her step brother, who happens to be a guy from Provo High. Garrett Peterson, for anyone who might know him. He has this really nice boat and he took us out on it. Well I've never wake boarded before but I have been wanting to try. I had our friend Jasen give me some tips on wake boarding it before I went. Well, it was awesome. I got up my first try and was able to go out of the wake and almost back in, but I'm not good and cutting that way apparently. One time as I was trying to cut back into the wake, it grabbed my board and slammed me face first into the water. Mandy said that it looked really painful and it made her cringe, but it didn't hurt then. My neck has been a little sore since, though, so maybe it was from that. Anyways, I am not trying to brag just let you know it felt goooood to not feel old and out of shape and I had so much fun. I really think my happiest times are in water and on boats. I am a swimmer at heart (not competition swimming), but I love just being in the water whether its at a lake , the beach, or a pool. Heck, as a kid I played in the water that ran on the streets for irrigation. Thanks to Mandy for inviting me and to her brother for using his gas up. I told Pat we will get a boat someday, I really hope so anyways. And by the way it was a really good break from everything, I feel way better now. Oh, Mandy's mom took pictures and I will post them when I get them.

2 comments:

:) Jen said...

Good job Mary! Wakeboarding is a blast! :) Jay is pretty good so he can help you lots if you want to get better. I am glad you feel better and we have been thinking about getting a boat some time as well, it so flippin hot here it makes sense to beat the heat by playing in the water! Take care, lets hang out soon! :)

Jenni said...

Awesome Mary! You are one tough chick! You know, I've only been boating TWICE in my whole life. I loved both times. I think I need to get a boat too.......

Right now we are supposed to be at your house bbq'ing but alas, we are hit with the flu :( Don was so disappointed, he really wanted to hang with Pat....we shall try again!