Monday, July 28, 2008

Beach Trip........Carpinteria State Beach


It was sooo fun! That pretty much sums it up. The girls are getting older, to where they really enjoy it too. We stayed in a hotel, but had a campsite 50 yards from the beach for the whole family to use. It was a family reunion. We met there and ate and hung out while we weren't out on the sand, and went to the hotel only to sleep. Everyone in my family was there, except Danny, he had to work, but his wife and 2 kids were there. Pat usually does not get in the water, but the waves were good size so he did and really enjoyed himself. The first day, Pam set Jaida in the sand and she did not like it one bit. She acted like it was going to swallow her up. Lifting her feet and trying to climb up Pam's legs, she was so disgusted that she had been set in such a strange new substance. It took a while for her to finally trust it. Once she was used to it she really loved digging in it and eating it. Amanda and Paige loved boogy boarding and did not want to stop to let anyone else have a try. It was cute watching them take on the waves, sometimes having full control and other times, getting smashed by a big one. Pat knows how much I love the beach and water and he gave me all the time I wanted in the water and he watched the kids. I spent so much time one day, I think I started to get hypothermia. I could feel the coldness in my bones and joints and I could hardly move, but I did not want to get out. It was so much fun. It was fun to play with my brothers and sisters again too. We were like little kids. We had this big black tube, the ones you see for tubing in the snow, and we took it out in the waves and someone would lay on it with their legs on one side and back on the other and when a good wave would come, we would hold the tube down and the wave would launch the person out of the tube into the water. It was a blast but a little scary sometimes. It was a great vacation I just wish we could have had a few more days.

3 comments:

em kawasaki said...

Looks like such a fun vacation. I need one of those.

Jenni said...

I laughed out loud when you said you stayed in the water until you were shivering! You are just like one of the kids! LOL

So glad you guys had fun!!!

:) Jen said...

How fun Mary! Glad you had such a blast....you totally are an ocean girl...:)