Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One last vacation

I have been wanting to go on one last vacation and last Thursday, Pat came home and decided we would go to the beach again. He reserved a hotel in Mesquite for Thursday night and we hurried and packed us all and left at about 8 pm. We stayed in a nice motel that night, and in the morning ate breakfast and went swimming. We then continued on to my Mom's. We stayed their Friday night. Saturday was our Beach Day!! We left the kids with my Mom and took my sister Melody with us. We went to Newport Beach and it was sooo fun!! The waves were real big and great for boogy boarding. They even were so big sometimes it was too scary to try and ride. Most the time I didn't use the boogy board, I just played in the big waves, body surfing and diving into them. We took a nice walk and napped a while. It was so nice to not worry about our kids and just enjoy ourselves. It convinced Pat that the beach really is fun, even if your not constantly doing something. It is just a great place to kick back and relax. The kids meanwhile were having fun with my Mom. She took them to a water park, then McDonalds for lunch, and then on to watch KungFu Panda. They didn't even miss us. I felt bad at first that we didn't take them with us, but when I saw how big the waves were, I was glad they weren't there, and they really had fun with my Mom. We came home on Sunday. All and all it was a great last vacation, if only it could have been a little longer.


1 comments:

Jenni said...

Who's that hot and sexy couple? Looking good after years of marriage of four kids!

I would give anything to have a day on the beach with no kids and a really good book......great idea!!