Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas time...Here so fast?

I have been thinking about when I was going to put up my Christmas tree. I have a lot of time in my mind.....until I realized today just how close Christmas really is. I kind of freaked, jumping all over Pat to get it down from the big shelf in the garage. It still is not down, but our buddy Jasen had a small tree that he gave to my kids. The girls and I got it out and set it up. I put lights on it and then they spent all morning making decorations to put on it. It now occupies a corner in our hallway.


I love that the kids did it all by themselves, and they are so proud of it.



In the process of putting it up, I got out all my other Christmas decorations and put them up, but still no main tree. Hopefully Pat will get it down tomorrow and we can decorate it for family home evening on Monday.

I have done some minimal shopping for gifts, but I really need to kick it into high gear and get it done. Oh well, I have always been a last minute shopper at Christmas.

1 comments:

California Washburns said...

December has gone by a lot faster this year than normal! I love your little tree!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

BTW...could we get your address, so we can send you a Christmas card.

(kimmeph@verizon.net)