Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cooper



I thought I would write this blog for Pat's sake. His dog Cooper has not always been my favorite. In fact I had a very hard time liking him at all while he was in the puppy stage. Now that he has calmed down a ton, I like him just fine most the time. He is a Vizsla, by breed and a show dog. Pat has taken him to a few shows around here and in January we went to one in San Bernardino. He won and finished his Championship there. In order to become a champion dog you must earn, by winning, 15 points and have 2 Major wins. I was very proud of him and those judges who have seen him say that if Pat continues to show him as a Champion, he could become one of the top dogs in the country and possibly be invited to one of the big shows that everyone sees on TV. Like Eukanuba or West Minister. I think Pat might go to a few shows but it is not his goal at this time to pursue this type thing right now. Pat takes him out in the desert all the time because by nature Vizsla's are hunting dogs. They are very active and can run long distances without tiring, so Pat rides the 4 Wheeler and Cooper runs nest to him. Or if he is sneaky enough and Pat will allow it, he will ride behind Pat on the seat. He loves it. For all of you who do not know, Pat is in school, and is working toward a degree in business management. Surprise, I know.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, that' awesome Cooper is a champion! Pat finally has a son....

:) Jen said...

Mary I am so glad you have a blog, we can stay updated with each other more...and hey after my baby is born, how about that trip together sometimes later in the summer....? I am surprised to hear Pat is going to school? what prompted that? it is cool! Are you taking classes too?

:) Jen said...

Hey did you cut your hair to your shoulders? Or is it just hidden? if you did I LOVE it, it looks great!