Friday, August 14, 2009

Life these Days

Pat is in Montana on his "Man Trip" and I have been cleaning out bedrooms in my house, preparing for school to start next week. Holy cow, this coming Wed we have to get up and get all ready by 8:25? How is that possible? Have I ever done this before? After this summer, it feels like I never have. I have been so lazy about making anybody get dressed until about 11am, unless its Amanda going to early morning soccer. It's funny how I crave school getting out for the summer, but then crave it starting again to kick our butts back into a schedule and routine. I'm nuts, I know.

I have been working on potty training Jaida. She is doing really well going #1 in the potty, but just getting her to go #2 is frustrating. She tells me she needs to, and we go sit on the potty for a while and she won't go, but as soon as her pull-up or panties are back on she goes. It just takes time, but I only have a couple more days and then its back to work for me and I won't be able to focus on it.

Its been nice having time off work, and not being out of town. I have spent lots of time with the kids and they have worked hard to help on their rooms. We have had game night, gone swimming, and rented movies. We have eaten out too much and played at parks. It been nice to be with them, I miss them. It's hard working, but wanting to be home, knowing you can't be, really. I have internal battles about it EVERY day. I already told you I'm nuts, I wasn't joking. :)

I am excited for Pat to get home. I hope its been a good break for him, he really needed it. He has been working so hard this summer and is starting a really hard work and school schedule this fall. I have always told him I wouldn't make a good school wife, and this semester is going to test me hard core. 3 days a week he will leave at 6am and not get home til 7pm and then he has scouts one of those nights, when he gets home. I have achievement days and soccer all week too. Life is just getting crazier, and I was looking for it to settle down. But all is good. I have a great husband, and 4 healthy, happy, loving girls to fill my days with. I am truly blessed.


My girls have a new favorite past time. They play on photo booth on our Mac. I have over 1000 of these type silly pics of them. They make videos for us too. They are sure fun. Notice the mustache on Amanda, she cannot drink anything from a cup without getting one, so the majority of the time she has a stain above her lip.


4 comments:

Melody said...

What a crazy schedule. I love the mustache. That's Kallie in our family. A permanent koolaid or milk mustache

:) Jen said...

Dang girl you are busy....So does this mean we shelf a trip for later...maybe late in october?...or if we can't fit it in this year something after the new year? Let's go somewhere warm if its around the winter time, call me sometime...let's catch up...;)

Becca said...

How do you have 4 kids???? they are gorgeous. Are you glad to have them back in school?

Unknown said...

very interesting blog. Congratulations! good jobs and an interesting template.
I am glad that I found it ;)