Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

This Christmas was so much fun! My brother Allen and his family came to stay with us and so my Mom and Dad decided to come up. That meant that Pam and Mel would be spending Christmas here too, so we all had one big happy celebration. The kids just play and play all day til they are soooo tired. They get along so well too, no fighting at all. This morning we got up at 7:30 and open presents from Santa and they just had so much fun watching each other and showing off their gifts. We played all morning and then sent the kids to watch a movie so we could clean up all the gift opening mess that is left from 8 little kids. That was a big chore itself. Then we started to prepare the Christmas Feast and boy was it. We all ate our hearts out tonight with turkey and ham and all the yummy good things that go with them. Homemade apple pie and icecream for dessert. Mmmmmmm.............it was great. It was funny being the one in charge of the meal, I kept forgetting that I was responsible to get things made. I am used to being assigned one thing and just fulfilling the request. It all worked out though, I had help, and I was proud of the result. The kids were all pleased with their gifts, so overall it was a big success. I wish they would all come every year, and maybe next time my other siblings and their families could come too. We could all squish. :)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like the Easter's had a wonderful Christmas!! I must say, I am sooo jealous of all the snow you Utahn's got this year!! Did Jaida get into the fun Chrismtas morning?? Owen couldn't have cared less...:)

Mary said...

Yeah, Jaida really had a good time, but I think it was so crazy here she had to join in. :)